Kindred Worship Services + Gathering Update (COVID-19)
--- UPDATE from March 16th, 2020 at 8:30pm ---
As a pastoral staff, we wanted to share a brief update on the events of this weekend and let you know how we as shepherds desire to be an encouragement to you this week.
Here are some items to keep in mind:
1. Monday - We will be emailing a Sermon Application Guide based on Pastor Philip's message from Psalm 46:1-11. We encourage you to take some time to review the message and to make application to your life.
2. Tuesday evening at 7:00pm - The pastoral staff will be hosting a roundtable discussion on Facebook Live. We invite you to tune into that discussion at www.facebook.com/kindredchurch. We will be taking questions live via the comment section on the Facebook page.
3. Wednesday evening at 7:00pm - Pastor Dan will be teaching a new three part class. This class will be offered online via livestream. The title of this class is "Biblical Sanctification in a Season of Uncertainty". Join us Wednesday evening LIVE at 7:00pm at www.kindredchurch.org/live or www.facebook.com/Kindredchurch.
4. Thursday - One of our pastors will be sending out a video devotional to encourage your hearts in the Lord.
5. Friday - Pastor Philip will be sending out a spiritual encouragement via email to our church family.
Please also plan on joining us next Sunday for our livestream service online at 10:30am. Pastor Philip will be continuing his series on "Statements of Faith” from the Psalms of Trust in God’s inspired Word.
We are grateful for each of you and pray that the Lord will encourage and bless you.
The Pastors of Kindred Community Church
--- UPDATE from March 14th, 2020 at 2:07pm ---
I want to make you aware after much prayer, research and reflection our elders have decided to suspend all of our official and scheduled church groups and gatherings for the month of March. We realize that this is a significant decision and we wanted to explain our rationale as well as our plan moving forward.
Romans 13 tells us to obey the authorities that God has placed over us and that they are a servant of God. Governor Newsom, in his executive order, has asked that we suspend large gatherings. We want to comply and be obedient to God’s Word. The best minds, both in our government and in the world of medicine believe this will help halt the spread of the Coronavirus. As Christians, we are not driven by politics or panic, but instead by prudence. We believe that to suspend our ministries for the next couple of weeks is acting in accordance with wisdom for the safety of our members, as well as acting out of love for our neighbors while being good citizens.
With all of that said, we exist as the church wherever we are. There's certainly a uniqueness and a preciousness to getting together and we do not take postponing that lightly. However, we're not going to stop being the church and our pastors are not going to stop shepherding you.
We will be live-streaming the 10:30am service the next three Sundays with a time of worship and preaching. We want you to participate in these services at kindredchurch.org/live or facebook.com/kindredchurch and invite others to join us as well. Over the next three Sundays, I am going to preach several Psalms of comfort and confidence. This Sunday we will look at Psalm 46 which focuses on being still and finding God as a refuge. Join us live and let the Word of God speak into your life.
Additionally, through these next weeks, we are going to utilize our media platforms to stay in touch with you in order to shepherd you. Please keep an eye on our media platforms as well as checking your emails for information from our pastoral staff so that we can lead and love you through this unique time. In some ways it is exciting, to adjust, to learn contentment, to prove the strength of our church, and to be a witness in our communities.
Moving forward we are asking you as a church to:
- Make it a priority to join us via Livestream each Sunday at 10:30am.
- Stay connected with us as a church through our media platforms.
- Continue to stay connected to each other and practice the one-anothers of Scripture. Our present circumstance gives us some great opportunities to do this.
- Be aware that you are a witness for Jesus Christ. Our response to the days that we find ourselves in will speak volumes to the world around us about the confidence we have in the God that we serve.
- Pray for President Trump, Governor Newsom, and the medical professionals in our community, that God would bless them and that they will be wise and prudent.
2 Timothy 2:45 is translated in the King James: "keep watch in all things," but the NIV puts it: "keep your head in all situations." As followers of Christ, let’s keep our heads in this situation and honor God in our present circumstances.
As a leadership, we are here for you and look forward to continuing to shepherd you through this time.
Yours in Christ,
Philip De Courcy
Kindred Community Church
--- UPDATE from March 13th, 2020 at 2:22pm ---
On behalf of our elder team, we wanted to share another update on our developing response to COVID-19 (coronavirus). Please see Pastor Philip’s video BELOW.
In short, we are suspending our physical ministries through the end of the month of March. But this does not mean that Kindred will stop doing ministry as our pastors and elders want to shepherd you through this time and will be providing a number of resources through these weeks to minister to you. This does, however, mean that ALL gatherings will be suspended and only our 10:30am service will be live-streamed, but no congregation will gather at this time.
Here are a few things for you to do:
1. Join us for our live streams at 10:30am this Sunday. Gather as a family to worship and sit under the preaching of God’s Word. Visit https://kindredchurch.org/live or our facebook at facebook.com/kindredchurch to watch.
2. Help us spread the word, we know that not all of you are on social media or even read the emails that we send, so make sure those that you connect with others in our congregation to spread the news.
3. Comply with the recommendations and requirements of local government agencies and practice common sense hygiene.
We are grateful for each of you and look forward to our live stream on Sunday,