What is the Core Ministry Training program?
Building on 2 Timothy 2:2, the Core Ministry Training program is a 2-year training course (with a 3rd-year internship option for some) for men and women designed to lay a biblical foundation for a lifetime of personal growth and ministry.
What is the purpose of the Core Ministry Training program?
The Great Content (Scholarship) of Scripture is studied to prepare men and women to be and make Great Commandment (Relationship) and Great Commission (Discipleship) disciples for the Glory of God. As disciple-makers, men and women are challenged to become “the makers of disciple-makers” and fulfill the Great Commitment (Making, Maturing, and Mobilizing).
Who is this program designed for?
Every Christian is commanded to make disciples. This program is for those who want to take the next step in their development as a disciple maker. It is designed for men and women who meet the following minimum qualifications:
- A desire to lead others Spiritually (not simply to make disciples but to make disciple-makers)
- Member at Kindred Community Church for at least one year
- Currently serving at Kindred Community Church
- If married, your spouse is 100% on board, and your home life is in order
- Agreement with Kindred’s doctrinal statement
- Clear commitment to do the work by being faithful, available, and teachable
- Passing an application process
What will be taught?
The Core Ministry Training program consists of four categories of instruction: (1) bible; (2) beliefs; (3) character; and (3) competence.
Year one will focus on:
- How to study and interpret the Bible.
- The assessment and practice of spiritual disciplines.
- Digging deeper into doctrine.
- Essentials of explaining Scripture to others and developing Bible studies.
Year two will focus on:
- Growing and changing into Christlikeness as a lifestyle.
- Faithful servanthood and leadership in the home, church, and community.
- Development of ministry skills and missions.
What is the structure of the program?
To become skilled in life and ministry, it is not enough to “know”; instead, you must be able to “do.” Therefore, this program is based more on discussion and practice than a lecture model. Most of each evening is dedicated to “doing” theology in an interactive format.
Participants prepare for a lively class discussion ahead of time (via reading/listening and writing). The discussion is a part oral exam, group critique, and student presentation.
What are the desired ministry outcomes for those who graduate?
- Every person grows in the foundations of biblical ministry:
- Systematic theology
- Biblical theology
- Biblical servanthood
- Biblical leadership
- Biblical teaching
- Biblical discipleship
- Biblical counseling
- Every person pursues at least one ministry opportunity at Kindred:
- Ministry director
- Maker of disciple-makers
- Some persons pursue leadership opportunities:
- Bible study leader
- Life Group leader
- Core Class teacher
- Ministry intern
- Church planter
When and where does Core Ministry Training meet?
Each year will consist of two 15-week semesters. Semester one meets from March through June. Semester two meets from August through November. Classes are held Tuesday evenings, 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM, at Kindred Community Church offices – 100 S Chaparral Ct Ste 100, Anaheim, CA, 92808.
What amount of work does the program entail?
You will be challenged. You will be stretched. You will invest in a life-changing and eternal endeavor. You should expect to spend approximately 8-10 hours a week outside of class time.
Who are the instructors?
Pastor Andrew Rogers leads the Core Ministry Training program. In addition, many Kindred elders and pastors will participate in instructing.
What does it cost?
The Core Ministry Training program is free. Kindred Community Church will provide all meals, materials, and textbooks.
How do I apply for the program?
Follow the link below to begin the application process.